Job Ref: LLHC-P-CAT
Position: Care Assistant
Location: Holywood, Belfast
Type: 36 Hours Per Week
Salary: £9.29/Hour (Additional Hours Paid at £10.68/Hour)
*Permanent Care Assistant Position Available*
Lucas Love Healthcare are working alongside a Residential setting in Holywood, Belfast to recruit a Permanent Care Assistant to join their fantastic team.
The role of the Care Assistant requires a team approach at all times with effective working relationships for the benefit of the service user.
To assist residents with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities.
To support service users with identified personal care and support needs.
Care Assistants are required to work flexibly and be available to work unsociable hours and public holidays on a rotational basis.
- Work with colleagues and other health and social care professionals to provide individual care plans
- Assist residents with personal care tasks, such as washing, dressing, eating, and using the toilet.
- Observe, monitor, and record residents’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to the Team Leader.
- Assist in the safe moving and handling, transferring, and repositioning of residents.
- Feed residents and give out medication as required.
- Ensure that all work within the home is undertaken in line with regulations and standards, is resident focused and upholds the principles of respect, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, independence, and choice.
- Money handling
- Ensure daily records of care provided are maintained within residents’ files and maintain all other records as required.
- Perform housekeeping tasks, such as laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and changing bed linens.
- Complete night security checks in conjunction with residents and during the span of their working hours.
- Carry out other duties appropriate with the post.
Why Join This Team:
- Starting on 28 days leave (pro rata) in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays)
- Enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access 24/7 Doctors Line
- Cashback health scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
- Demonstrable evidence of 6 months experience of providing physical care / support for individuals
- Effective Numeracy & Literacy Numeracy skills
- Knowledge of Learning Disabilities and associated complex needs
- Applicants must hold a Valid work permit
- Successful applicants will be required to go through an enhanced Access NI check
- Two satisfactory references will be required prior to commencement of employment. One of these references must be from the candidates present or most recent employer and must hold a supervisors or managerial position.
- Able to fulfil the Occupational Health requirements for the post
- Registered or willing to apply for registration with the N. Ireland Social Care Council. Once offer of employment has been made, applicants must register with NISCC. (Payment of NISCC registration fee will be reimbursed)
If you don’t want to miss out on this amazing opportunity, please call us on 028 9066 8035 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today!!
Lucas Love Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.