Job Ref: LLHC-P-AMO
Position: Area Manager
Type: 39 Hours Per Week
Salary: £32,585.33 – £42,925.61
*Permanent Area Manager Position Available*
Lucas Love Healthcare are working alongside a Supported Living setting in Omagh to recruit a Permanent Area Manager to join their fantastic team.
To provide the highest possible standards of support to the people who use our services.
- To support staff to ensure that they develop & maintain a trusting & professional relationship with the people who use our services
- To provide guidance and training for staff, the people who use our services and volunteers, on the benefits of service user involvement.
- Be responsible for and monitor the safe handling of medication including storage and administration in accordance with the use and control of medicine as outlined in Inspire policy and procedure manual.
- Ensure safe guarding policies and procedures are followed.
- Taking responsibility for, and active part in, the selection, assessment, review and implementation of individual care, support and risk management plans.
- Maintain clear, accurate, timely and complete written records / documentation.
- Complete general administration and/or communication as required for example; sending emails, completing computerised reports, answering / making telephone calls/completing statutory returns.
- The Area Manager will be willing when required to work a shift system of duty, which includes evenings and weekend and sleep in duties.
- Identify appropriate internal and external learning and development opportunities for team and/or self.
- Undertake other projects and tasks as required.
- Work collaboratively with others within own team, department and organisation to deliver results.
- Contribute to the development of the departmental strategy and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and authority to staff within his/her control, consistent with effective decision-making while retaining responsibility and accountability.
- Takes such action as may be necessary in disciplinary matters including absence management in accordance with the procedures.
- Responsible for regular formal supervision, training and professional development of staff.
|1. Circumstances||1. A full current driving licence and access to a car is essential. Consideration will be given to alternative travelling proposals in respect of applicants with a disability who cannot hold a licence.
2. Willingness to work flexible hours required for the job to include evening and weekend work.
|2. Qualifications & Experience
|1. Professional qualification, for example:
· Professional Social Work qualification and registered on the appropriate part of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) register, without condition.
· OR A first level registered nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council Register.
· OR A qualified Occupational Therapist registered with BAOT.
AND A minimum of 4 years’ experience of working in a health care or social care setting, providing services to people with a learning disability. At least 2 years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity, which must include the supervision of staff/volunteers and financial management.
A QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults Management) Wales and Northern Ireland and be registered or eligible for registration on appointment on the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) register, without condition.
AND a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a health and social care setting, providing services to people with a learning disability. This must include at least 2 years relevant experience in an operational management capacity in a health and social care setting to include supervision of staff/volunteers and financial management.
2. Experience of using Microsoft packages to include Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
If you don’t want to miss out on this amazing opportunity, please call us on 028 9066 8035 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today!!
Lucas Love Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.