Job Ref: LLHC-P-SCAP
Position: Senior Care Assistant
Type: Permanent – 25 Hours Per Week / Night Duties
Rate of Pay: £11.45/Hour + Paid Breaks
*Permanent Senior Care Assistant Position Available*
Phone: 028 9066 8035
Lucas Love Healthcare are working with Palmerston Residential, a fantastic person-centred Residential Home in Belfast to recruit a Senior Care Assistant to join their great team of Care Staff.
The successful candidate will be working alongside a team of care staff to provide person centred care to those living with dementia.
The main role will be:
- To supervise and take part in the delivery of care to the residents.
- To provide effective leadership for care staff through supervision, support and mentoring in all aspects of care.
- To be responsible for the administration of medication
Resident care and support
- To actively take part and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents
- To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans
- Continual monitoring of each residents health needs
- To ensure residents choice and independence is respected through appropriate risk management
- Encourage residents to participate in activities within the home.
- Assist as required with events that take place at the Home.
- To administer prescribed medication to residents
- To effectively lead, motivate and support care staff.
- Provide effective supervision sessions for care staff
- Assist staff to complete relevant documentation as directed.
- Monitor care staff performance
- To undertake responsibility within an area of work as delegated by the Home Manager
- Understand and observe all relevant regulations and Abbeyfield & Wesley policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the administrative records of the Home and ensure that all records are kept up to date.
- To follow appropriate procedures in the event of accidents/ emergencies e.g. fire, missing residents.
- Ensure that the Home is secure at all times whilst on duty.
- Ensure appropriate and agreed staffing levels are maintained in liaison with the deputy/manager.
- To report and advise the relevant persons with respect to the repairs and maintenance of the home.
- To be flexible about working hours.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the Manager.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices
- To uphold and promote equal opportunities in employment practice and service delivery.
- Extensive experience in a health or social care setting working with older people
- A relevant NVQ/QCF Level 3+ qualification or equivalent and required experience.
- Administration of Medication certificate or Boots MDS trained
- Ability to communicate and interact well with residents and others
- To be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard
- Good basic care planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
- Ability to effectively supervise individuals and a team
- Willing to complete an Enhanced Access NI check
- Training or Assessment Qualification e.g. Moving and Handling
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
Why you should join Palmerston Residential:
- £11.45/Per Hour + Paid Breaks
- Uniform provided
- Full training provided
- Great career opportunities within a resident focused organisation
- Great opportunity to give back to your local community
- Fantastic support within the whole team
If you don’t want to miss out on this amazing opportunity, please call us on 028 9066 8035 or email your CV to email@example.com today!!
Lucas Love Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.