|Type:||22.5 hours per week (Plus On-Call duties)|
|Salary:||£21 Per Hour|
* Deputy Manager Position Available*
Phone: 028 9066 8035
Lucas Love Healthcare are working with a fantastic Care Home in Bessbrook, Newry to assist them in recruiting a Deputy Manager.
This Care Home’s objective is to provide a secure and caring environment with a homely atmosphere and to provide care to individual residents of the highest possible standard.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Deputy Nurse Manager is responsible for assisting the Home Manager in the organisation and administration at all levels of the home. This position also includes management of additional services which may be provided by the Home. The Deputy Nurse Manager is expected to run the home in an efficient and cost-effective manner in the absence of the Home Manager.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To take responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the Home and its service and being available to staff on an on call basis for emergencies in the absence of the Home Manager.
- To assist in the preparation of a need’s assessment of residents for admission to the home. This will involve visiting perspective clients in their own homes, other Nursing Homes or Hospitals.
- To assist in the development and implementation of other services
- Participate in the development of clinical audits, nursing audits and systems to support evidence based practice.
- Ensure that standards of care are devised and implemented in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Liaise with the Regulation Quality & Improvement Authority with regard to matters concerning both nursing and residential units and assist them with inspections, both announced and unannounced.
- Ensure that the policies and quality assurance procedures in relation to all aspects of the running of the Home are strictly adhered to and are reviewed annually.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and appropriate skill mix over each span of duty.
- Participate in the induction, training, monitoring and on- going training of all staff.
- Supervise staff at all levels in all departments of the home and additional services.
- Assist the Nurse Manager in the management of the allocated budget and resources in the Home.
These key responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of duties, only a general guide to the post. In consultation with the company and the Manager the duties may change from time to time to enhance the service.
- Minimum of 3 years experience at sister / CL level.
If this is something that you, or someone you know are interested in please contact us on 02890668035, or additionally, email a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org