|Type:||Permanent – Full Time|
|Salary:||£9 Per Hour|
Lucas Love Healthcare are delighted to be working alongside our client, Positive Futures, to help them to recruit Support Workers.
Positive Futures is Northern Ireland’s leading learning disability, acquired brain injury and autistic spectrum condition charity. It currently employs around 600 people throughout the island of Ireland. The Crescent Supported Living Service in Belfast supports adults who live in their own homes. With new referrals the service is expanding and needs an additional twenty, full time staff.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- To have at least 6 months experience, paid or unpaid, providing care or support for someone
- To be NISCC registered or willing to register with NISCC
A driving licence and access to a car are desirable but not essential.
All Positive Futures staff must believe in the values and mission of the organisation.
The main purpose of the role is to support people to develop their skills and confidence so they can have a good life in the community
Key responsibilities of the Support Worker role:
- Give each person the support they need in every aspect of their daily activities.
- Work with other staff.
- Form a positive relationship with the people you support.
- Learn about the people you are supporting and share the learning with colleagues who are involved in supporting them.
- Support people to look after their physical and mental wellbeing.
- Support and encourage the people supported to undertake recreational activities, such as going on holiday, etc
- Support people to understand their rights, including any benefits they might be entitled to.
- Contribute to the assessment, planning, co-ordination and review of person-centred portfolios.
- Adhere to the person-centred care plans for each person supported.
What can you expect in return:
Positive Futures believes that staff should be rewarded and they offer a competitive package for Support Workers including:
- Pay rate of £9.00 per hour
- Holiday allowance of up to 33 days per year (based on working 37.5 hours per week)
- Company pension scheme*
- Enhanced sick pay and maternity pay*
- A comprehensive two week induction programme
- Ongoing training and person-centred supervision
- Access to financial education resources
- Access to loans and savings*
- Access to a free, confidential telephone counselling service
- Perks card*discount card.
*Eligibility criteria apply.
Please note that the client wishes to conduct interviews as soon as possible
All job offers are dependant upon successful pre-employment checks.
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in , give Flav a call on 02890668035 or, alternatively you can send a copy with your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org